Recipe for AW11 Style Success
You will need:
access to a Westfield shopping centre,
a supportive best friend/parent/significant other who can be relied upon for honest opinions, coffee breaks when required and carrier bag hauling,
a comfortable pair of shoes,
and an injection of the top trends from AW11 to taste.
|Velvet Dress with Silk Collar, £230, Jaeger|
|Midi Skirt, £30, River Island|
3) Add the crucial ingredient- a good winter coat. This product needs to have a good shelf life, as it's an essential part of any winter wardrobe. Faux fur, oversized and military styles are all recommended, or alternatively incorporate a vibrant colour to brighten your mood as the sunshine fades.
4) Season your outfit with some staple winter boots. A classic riding style, sumptuous suede pair or a versatile Chelsea design are among the essentials to select from.
5) Marinate with a generous helping of this season's key colours: brilliant burgundy, fabulous fawn and radiant russet. Mix in a dash of emerald, amethyst and sapphire for jewel inspired dressing, and add a drop of mustard yellow for an added vibrant kick.
6) To sweeten, add this season's essential details, whether they be peter pan collars a-plenty, beautiful bows or lashings of lace. Alternatively, spice things up with some leather in a nod to the fetish trend, but allow to blend subtly into your look.
|Leather Bag, £69.99, H&M|
|Double Breasted Coat, £79.99,||Zara|
8) To decorate, add statement accessories such as hold-everything handbags and body sculpting belts. Garnish with a classy cocktail ring for an added touch of eye-catching sparkle.
9) Serve daily throughout the winter months and enjoy.
That's it! Thanks for reading.
(Image credit: Jaegar, River Island, Zara and H&M.)